Wednesday, August 6, 2014

We've Got Some Walls!

Okay, so y'all are going to get REALLY sick of my blog updates.  I haven't had anything to say in 2 years and all of the sudden we've got wood and walls!  They are saying that the outside framing should be done by next Friday!  OH MY WORD!  I don't even know how to act.  We're going to our lighting meeting Friday.  I don't imagine that's going to be a cheap meeting.  I've already been looking and with my thrift store/flea market yard sale mentality, it's hard to wrap my mind around the price of the beautiful iron Spanish revival chandeliers, sconces and pendant lights that I love.  I don't think my lighting budget will get us out of the foyer, kitchen, family room:(   So here's what's been happening since the pour since Friday.  They taken off all the forms and foam from the concrete, cleaned up the site, delivered the wood and started framing! There are actually people working on site everyday!  And it's 101 in the shade in Houston! Here are the pictures from today...





I can't hardley believe it!  It really looks terribly small.  Someone assure me it's going to look bigger than  it does right now or when y'all come to viist you'll be staying in cracker box guest rooms and I'm going to have to trade my pathfinder in for a mini-cooper.  I'd look real cute with all my yard sale finds strapped to the hood of a mini-cooper.  No chance a new Tundra is going in that garage unless it truly is going to be bigger than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment